459 Buena Vista Avenue #3 Berkeley, CA 93700
Entry-level Marketing position
University of California, Berkeley;
B.A. American Studies, concentration in Minority Education, May 2007;
University of Costa Rica, Education Abroad Program.
•Coordinated team of ten in planning sorority recruitment, resulting in a chapter membership increase of 35 percent. Implemented a marketing strategy that promoted the benefi ts of membership.atmosphere tailored specifi cally for each client.
• Organized fundraising and promotional events for literary/art journal, bringing together Filipino artists from areas throughout California.
• Achieved highest sales volume while employed at a retail store.
• Collaborated with team of fi ve instructors to create a positive, fun, and lively learning;
• Directed group of 70 sorority members and increased group unity by designing team building activities.• Drafted proposal for educational project resulting in a $600 grant award.
• Motivated 15 underachieving students toward success in district exams.
| || |
• Conceptualized yearlong project for ESL students culminating in a journal of autobiographical works.
• Designed visual concept for a magazine debut event.
• Developed a semester teaching unit on culture, ethnicity, and identity.
| || |
• MS Word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop, SoundEdit Pro, Dreamweaver, strong Internet skills; designed a web page.
Project Coordinator and Tutor, Edna Brewer School (9/06-present)
Managing Editor, Maganda, (9/04-present)
Teaching Intern, Break the Cycle (9/06-present)
Recruitment Chairperson, Chi Omega Sorority (1/05-12/05)
Salesperson, Panoply Corporation (7/03-12/05)
Instructor and Group Leader, National Cheerleaders’ Association (Summer 2003 & 2004)